Phone
+49-241-9214900
Fax
+49-241-9214901

E-Mail/Web
vorstandssprecher@dlrc-online.de
www.deutscher-land-rover-club.de

13 April 2006

Deutscher Land Rover Club vs. Land Rover (Germany)

Dear fellow Land Rover Club / Land Rover enthusiast,

Some of you will have received the latest edition of “Rover-Blatt” our club’s regular magazine with a cover resembling a typical joke on April Fool’s Day. Unfortunately, it is no joke this time.

To shed some light especially for those of you who haven’t seen the magazine, let me give you a rundown of what has happened to our club recently:

Just before Christmas we received a rather matter-of-factly letter from a well known lawyer in Germany stating that they were acting on behalf of Land Rover (Germany) and that they were “asking” us to immediately refrain from using our logo. We were to withdraw all stationery, club regalia etc. otherwise they would take legal action, i.e. take us to court!

It has taken us now almost 4 months to finally agree on a date with the leading people at LR Germany to sit down and talk and hopefully resolve this problem. Fact is, they are directed by FORD USA (like everybody at Land Rover world-wide) and will probably have no or only little authority to come to an acceptable compromise with us. If FORD say “No” it will be “No”. This will leave us not very much of a choice should push come to shove.

Our club was established in 1975 and is one of the oldest and biggest clubs world-wide. Our co-operation with Land Rover Germany has been very good lately and still we are being forced into changing our logo (and possibly our name???) by the almighty mother company in the US as if Land Rover clubs were a disgrace to the brand.

May we ask you to kindly inform us whether your club has been approached in a similar way or whether your club has even come to an agreement with Land Rover/FORD already in terms of the use of the brand name and possible incorporation of their logo? We would appreciate your assistance very much and are looking forward to your reply!

With kind regards,

H. Jochen v. Arnim
Spokesman/Int’l Liaison

Beware, you could be next!
MTÜ Eesti Land Roveri Klubi
-----------------------------------
SERIES II A 109"( '70 )-"Tindiplekk" / LR90 ( '88 )- "Inetu Pardipoeg" + palju unistusi
Kristjan Vaarmann (+372)5010599 kristjan.vaarmann@landroverclub.ee
Land Rover'iga nakatatud ja mudas müttamas aastast 1996!
Vasta