Help needed with Land Rover (power of ELRC :-)

For oure english speaking friends. Registration required!

Moderaatorid: inseneer, landy

Vasta
Setok
Land Rover-mu uus armastus!

Help needed with Land Rover (power of ELRC :-)

Postitus Postitas Setok »

Hi, I know this is a long shot with such short notice, but...

We are two Finnish guys (and possibly one lady) who are planning to travel to Vilnius, Lithuania on Friday this week, through Tallinn, and returning on Sunday-Monday. Later in the year we are going to be organising a huge expedition around the complete Nordic region, followed by several trips to Europe and the Baltic states. The aim of that expedition is to talk to students about entrepreneurship and technology, and to bring together the whole startup community from the region. Completely non-profit. This later trip is to take place in a Land Rover Defender.

Anyway, we came across the thought that it would be amazing if we could already build up some buzz about this expedition this weekend in Lithuania. Unfortunately we do not have a Defender yet, and the couple of friends who would have one will not have cars available now. So the question is, is there anyone out there who could help us with a Defender? We are poor early entrepreneurs ourselves (from Scred.com), so are counting every penny, but we would be happy to help in some way if a car can be found on this short notice. Give it a good wash, donate to the club charity, fill her up with diesel, pay a bit for the trouble etc. Pickups would probably be difficult, but just about anything else that gets us there and back, and can put on a bit of a show for the people, would be amazing.

If this can be put together I will be blogging in a very visible way about the trip on a successful and fairly large online service for travellers and international audiences (xihalife.com), so would be happy to mention the club and any company, brand or person who could help us. And again, I know this is a long shot, but I just had to try because it would tie in with our bigger project so perfectly. Apologies if it breaks any club rules.

PS. Sorry about the Eurovision semi-finals, we didn't make it either :( Then again, Estonia had one of my all-time favourites in 2009. Beautiful song, which I voted several times for!
Vasta