Sweden

For oure english speaking friends. Registration required!

Moderaatorid: inseneer, landy

Vasta
Hi from Sweden

Sweden

Postitus Postitas Hi from Sweden »

Hi folks. I´m a LR Defender 90 owner in Stockholm who really would like to take the car to the Baltic countries this summer. But I encounter a problem.. I would like to use one of my navigation programs (TomTom or Fugawi) but I can´t find any decent maps covering the region, or the three individual countries. Any idears?
Külaline

Re: Sweden

Postitus Postitas Külaline »

Hi from Sweden kirjutas:Hi folks. I´m a LR Defender 90 owner in Stockholm who really would like to take the car to the Baltic countries this summer. But I encounter a problem.. I would like to use one of my navigation programs (TomTom or Fugawi) but I can´t find any decent maps covering the region, or the three individual countries. Any idears? (per.carsing@telia.com)
Külaline

Re: Sweden

Postitus Postitas Külaline »

Anonymous kirjutas:
Hi from Sweden kirjutas:Hi folks. I´m a LR Defender 90 owner in Stockholm who really would like to take the car to the Baltic countries this summer. But I encounter a problem.. I would like to use one of my navigation programs (TomTom or Fugawi) but I can´t find any decent maps covering the region, or the three individual countries. Any idears? (per.carsing@telia.com) . Sorry if I mess up this forum, but Latvian language is a bit tricky so I just push some buttons and hope for the best. Oh, I almost forgot -Greetings, all you Estonian LR entusiasts!!!
Grellber

Swedish Defender to visit the Baltics

Postitus Postitas Grellber »

Hi from Sweden kirjutas:Hi folks. I´m a LR Defender 90 owner in Stockholm who really would like to take the car to the Baltic countries this summer. But I encounter a problem.. I would like to use one of my navigation programs (TomTom or Fugawi) but I can´t find any decent maps covering the region, or the three individual countries. Any idears?
Kasutaja avatar
landy
Site Admin
Site Admin
Kontakt:

Postitus Postitas landy »

To change default language - act as fallows:
1)Press: "Logi sisse " (log in)
2)Then fill feelds"Kasutajanimi: (username) and "Parool:"(password)
3)Press "Profiil"
4)Then chanege "Foorumi keel:" (language in forum), from Estoninan to english and press button "saada"
Viimati muutis landy, K Veebr 21, 2007 13:43, muudetud 1 kord kokku.
MTÜ Eesti Land Roveri Klubi
-----------------------------------
SERIES II A 109"( '70 )-"Tindiplekk" / LR90 ( '88 )- "Inetu Pardipoeg" + palju unistusi
Kristjan Vaarmann (+372)5010599 kristjan.vaarmann@landroverclub.ee
Land Rover'iga nakatatud ja mudas müttamas aastast 1996!
LoJack
õpetas ARKi lugema
õpetas ARKi lugema

Postitus Postitas LoJack »

For TomTom the Eastern-Europe starts somewhere on the Polish border. TomTom doesn't have any decent maps of Estonia (or Baltics). They have some sort of "beta" version of the map but that is far fom complete and unreliable - covering only main roads and couple of cities.

I'm not sure about Fugawi, you have to ask their support.
Kasutaja avatar
landy
Site Admin
Site Admin
Kontakt:

It's more reasonable and easier to buy program for yore PC-notebook.
You have two choises:
Basic road map for Estonia ("Regio") -price ~700EEK (~44,7 EUR)
or
more detailed and powerful APS-Info -price 3000EEK (~191,74 EUR)

There are allso avilable similar digital maps for Latvia and Lithuanina.

P.S. For Garmin and Magellan GPS are allso avilable maps based on "Regio".
SERIES II A 109"( '70 )-"Tindiplekk" / LR90 ( '88 )- "Inetu Pardipoeg" + palju unistusi
LoJack
õpetas ARKi lugema
õpetas ARKi lugema

Postitus Postitas LoJack »

Just for more info:

Regio (http://www.regio.ee/?op=body&id=133) - has somewhat decent road/street driving guide with search capabilities and route planning (moves the map but doesn't flip the map according to your driving though). Look at the link for more info.
APS-Info (http://www.tarkvarastuudio.ee/index.php?page=apsinfo) - it's more "hard-core" GPS application without driving guide and route planning. The additional info provided under the link is only in Estonian.

In general: there is no (AFAIK) decent handheld/PDA based system for Estonia. If you are looking for driving in Estonia I would suggest Regio PC version. If you would like to stick with PDA based system you can ask your local TomTom reseller for latest Eastern/Central European map that has some Estonian coverage.
RV8
Aitab LR varuosadega!
Kontakt:

Postitus Postitas RV8 »

I respect all elctronic gadgets. Get yourself a paper map better. There are plenty of them at any petrol station. GPS will help but is not essential.
Kasutaja avatar
landy
Site Admin
Site Admin
Kontakt:

RV8 kirjutas:I respect all elctronic gadgets. Get yourself a paper map better. There are plenty of them at any petrol station. GPS will help but is not essential.
RV8 is somehow right. There are lot of good paper masps available in Estonia.
More used are:
Regio paper maps and road atlases:
http://www.regio.ee/?op=body&id=38
http://www.regio.ee/?op=body&id=26

and detail maps:
http://www.ekk.ee/index.php?c=Hinnakiri&nr=4
http://www.ekk.ee/index.php?s=file_download&id=4

Youre choise depands on, whwere you plan to drive.
If only on main and big roads (paived and non paived), the regio digital or paper maps will do.

If you plan to visit some places in wild nature I suget to buy APS-info or detailed paper maps.
Per
Ma armastan offroad-i!

Postitus Postitas Per »

Great, thanks folks for all the good answers. I did find TomTom eastern europe v608 map on the net but it seems like it has been withdrawn from the market due to lack of quality. I will test it in Riga on tuesday just for fun, but believe I´ll follow your recommendation re. paper maps when i bring my car.

P.S Main roads? -With a Defender? -Hardly likely!
RV8
Aitab LR varuosadega!
Kontakt:

Postitus Postitas RV8 »

Happy Rovering then! Main roads here are not as you expect in Swedish Kingdom. Let us know if you need any help.
Viimati muutis RV8, N Mär 01, 2007 23:11, muudetud 1 kord kokku.
Kasutaja avatar
landy
Site Admin
Site Admin
Kontakt:

Please inform us when you planing to visit Estonia.
1)Then we can guide you personally to shops wher you can buy essential maps.
2)Maybe make little safary together, to show you wonderful sightseeings and places in wild nature.

P.S. Lot of oure roas are like shock aborbers test drive lines. :wink:

Welcome to Estonia.
Pilt
gljzzc

oqbrkvc

Postitus Postitas gljzzc »

Hello cool site, thanks !!! 1172680956
Per
Ma armastan offroad-i!

Postitus Postitas Per »

Aahhh. Now I finally got the English settings to work properly. Now maybe I can stop messing up this thread. Well. I can tell you that Latvia is first on my list to visit, even if there does not seem to be any LR club there. Reason is that I relly need to learn some basics regarding Latvia as I my employer will conduct some business there. Hovewer, I WILL go to Estonia as well, but maybe not this spring but later. When so happens I will announce it on this nice forum and hope to meet you folks then.

Regards

Per
Vasta